Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Week of the leak

Between my work and the leak that is taking over my bedroom, I've had little energy for blogging. Though it probably would have helped me vent about the whole situation and the stress it's causing me...So sorry, followers. If there are any of you faithful ones out there.

Anyway, I'm pretty beside myself right now. Either a pipe in the ceiling is broken or my neighbors upstairs are doing something to cause the leak. It's just unsanitary. The part of the ceiling where it is coming from is damp and appears to be buckling a bit. The constant sound of the dripping is extremely irritating. I called the building's maintenance, but they STILL haven't been able to come over. I've begun to box all my belongings in my bedroom and move them out into the other rooms. I've packed up all my bedding and moved it into the office. As for the bed, I've covered it in a plastic contraption I made out of my mattress cover, unused garbage bags, and other plastic bags I've saved and disinfected.  I'm now sleeping in the living room on my pullout sofa.  It's been a disaster. An unnecessary, unnatural disaster. 

2 comments:

  1. That is absolutely inexcusable! You should go to your landlords house and demand they fix this. How could you wait around while disease and bacteria drip in to your bedroom? Not to mention ruin all of your belongings. I hope you get this sorted out quickly but I want to emphasize that you should not be waiting around for this to get fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just recently, a rabid squirrel ate through the ceiling of my confines. That guy has some determination. I'll have to put an end to his misdemeanors... with a cross bow.

    ReplyDelete